• Develop/prepare learning materials and visual aids
• Assist the teachers in daily classes
• Facilitate sports activities/ events for the students and PWD
• Assist other relevant activities of the organization
Accomodation and food
Living with host family (expect to have a shared room with your host sister or brother)
Location and leisure
Macopa St. Basak. San Nicolas, Cebu City
Project hosted by
The First High School for Hearing Impaired (FHSHI) is a high school in Cebu City to serve persons with hearing disabilities since 1982. It offers relevant educational opportunities to persons with disabilities as hearing impaired, visually impaired those with learning disabilities, the physically handicapped. We have been aiming to win the learners back to school as place of fun, friendly and fostering atmosphere for learners to be functionally literate.
• Compile all the conducted activities especially in the speech/language sessions and classes
• Train at least 1 to 2 Special Education Teachers to continue its program implementation in speech/language
• Organize intercultural activities for the teacher and student
*This project is divided into two periods because of school holidays: from 1 June, 2020 to 30 November, 2020 and from 1 January, 2021 to 31 March 2021.
• Sociable and can easily mingle with staff, volunteers without prejudice, etc.
• Independent and requires less supervision.
• Willing to learn sign language.
• Innovative, industrious, adventurous, creative and fun loving.
** MTV fee is Euro 400 for the first month. Additional Euro 300 per month from second up to fifth month.